Monday 16 March 2015

Sucker for a SALE



I am a SUCKER for a sale; anyone I know will tell you that. I will always find a bargain. I am a thrifty shopper. Nothing wrong with that, right? Don't get me wrong I will drop money for an item, but why spend a lot if you don't always have to. I love a good rummage in a second hand store; this is where it all stemmed from. I tend not to shop with people as they get bored. To find a bargain means looking through every single item on every single rail. My sister laughs at me, if I find a bargain in let’s say Topshop or H&M etc but it’s not in my size, I will hunt it down until I find it, and I usually do. In London and New York there are more shops to find the size, colour, shoe that you want. Different cities have different sales, are you aware of this? Most chain stores have their regional buyer who will hand pick for their area. Think about it, we in Edinburgh have a little bit of a different style than say Newcastle so, as well as having the obvious trends, each buyer will buy more or less of certain styles. You can see so many different styles in say London, just going from East to West. Chasing a bargain involves a lot of walking, but I am prepared to put that effort in! Top tips? Always check the floor in a sale section, clothes get crammed and fall off hangers, also check the changing rooms, that massive rail of items to be returned to floor is a great. Check all around the store too. My eyes are like Terminator now I can just scan a long a rail. I can spot an item that's not supposed to be on that particular rack real quick. Jeez as I write this I'm thinking 'what a loser!' Ha ha! Soooo anyway, back to tips. Best times maybe obvious, first thing in the morning is good as everything is back where it should be on the rails clean and tidy, which makes for a quicker shop.
Also good to know that all high street shops that are a chain have different sales on. So it’s without a doubt worth checking all shops out, this is the same with online too. Remember online now there is pretty much a sale section all year round. You can always pick up staple items for winter in summer and winter in summer.

Second hand store are a little different, be prepared to look through EVERYTHING every time. Again people will hide items in different sections, or even just not put back in the correct place. My summer buy in winter works well in vintage store as prices a dropped out of season check my post I wrote about my favourite thrift store in Brooklyn.

Do you have any tips for a bargain shopper ?
Thanks for reading, B x



#Fashion #Vintage #Creative #MakeandDo #Vlogger #Travel #Style #fblogger #fbloggers  #Edinburgh #EdinbugrhStyle #EdinburghVintage #London #LondonStyle #LondonVintage #NewYork #NewYorkStyle #NewYorkVintage #BrooklynStyle #InternationalBlogger #Shopping #Shops #TopShop #H&M #vintage #vintagefashion#fashionblogger#fblogger#blogger #vintagestyle #bargainstyle #thriftstyle #thriftshopper #fashiononabudget 

No comments:

Post a Comment