Thursday 8 January 2015

Up, Up and away!

As I am far from home (Edinburgh) this Christmas my best friend invited me to California to spend the festive break with her and her family. Well you don't have to ask me twice to jump on a plane! So I only had 4 days break Chellie left for Cali before me. I took a flight myself to San Francisco to catch up with her later in the week. I love flying, I especially like to fly alone. I have a routine on long haul flights, plenty of water before boarding. I like to have a glasses of wine or two on my flight to relax and get into the holiday spirit. Just watch your alcohol intake on flights for many reasons. Firstly its going to mess you up (a hangover is worse in the air -trust me! Ha!) and secondly no cabin crew want to deal with annoying drunks, it their job to make sure you are safe not to deal with you plastered and have to clean you up. So that being said if you are going to drink, drink wisely and with plenty of water.
So this trip I flew United Airlines, the staff were super lovely. Ground and air crew where very friendly and helpful. I was even more happier that the beauties upgraded me to First Class!!! YES!!!
Glass of champers on arrival from Justine  (awesome lady) and I settled into my chair/bed excited for my now comfy flight. Once we were up and in the air and all freshened up with a hot cloth and settled, dinner was served. Smoked salmon to start then steak with potato dauphinoise, green beans and red wine sauce. I was surprised at how tasty and juicy the steak was.  Now I'm not a sweet person but who could resist at least trying some of the ice cream, especially when it came with a choice of toppings from the trolley! Fruits, nuts chocolates and sauces were on offer. I picked toffee sauce and strawberries, which I think Justine mistook my accent and I was given cherries, but I'm not mad, it  was still a delicious dessert.
After all that it was time for bed, before I got way to into the free flowing drinks. Never tell a Scot there's free drinks. Took ALL my will to put the ear buds in and  the mask on! Ha!I awoke 20 minutes before landing , given a hot towel to refresh sorted my face out and prepared for landing. Hoping this year brings me more luck in travel as  its going to be hard to go back to economy -thanks United!
When flying always dress comfortable and try to be smart.
This trip was short so I wore a Denim Jumper/Boilersuit. Probably not the best idea for travel, but you live and learn right? It was comfy and thats the main thing.
Jumper/Boilersuit PRIMARK - £15
Oversize cardi URBAN OUTFITTERS(sale) - $30
Fur Baseball boots BROOKLYN MARKET - $25
Hat PRIMARK - £7
Bag VIVIENNE WESTWOOD (Ebay) - £200
Pendant H&M (sale) - $1
Waist Purse DORETHY PERKINS - £5


-Thanks for reading , Bear.
#Fashion #Vintage #Creative #Vlogger #Travel #Style #Fun #Humorous #fblog #fbloggers #ScottishBlogger  #Edinburgh #EdinbugrhStyle #EdinburghVintage #London #LondonStyle #LondonVintage #NewYork #NewYorkStyle #NewYorkVintage  #BrooklynStyle #InternationalBlogger #Shopping #Shops #FashionBlogger #TravelBlogger #StyleBlog #VintageBlog #LifestyleBlog
#UrbanOutfitters #H&M #Ebay #VivienneWestwood #Primark #DorethyPerkins #UnitedAirlines #SanFransisco #JFKInternationalAirport 

No comments:

Post a Comment